Tuesday 8 February 2011

Orange HIt my Eyeliner

An orange piece landed in my pocket. No, I am not kidding. An orange piece, a piece of orange. It's juice went on my eyeliner (which I also had in my pocket). There are times when I want to punch people (and by people I mean immature pricks) in the face. Are we not past that yet? When we were six, then I could understand. But we're not. At least I don't think so. What next? An ear phone, rolled up sandwiches, a piece of orange. A Toaster Oven? What the Hell is wrong with this School? It seems, the more obscure, the more welcome. 
  
In the Canteen, whippersnappers stuff carrot up their nostrils (I never exaggerate). In the Science block there are black marks on the ceiling (of very questionable origin). And we (the young whippersnappers of today), are the Presidents and Prime Ministers of tomorrow (enter barely suppressed hysterical giggle). The World is Doomed.

It seems similar to Peter Pan, but reversed. On the exterior, children grow up. On the inside, it appears as if some remain four years old. Four was great. Words that worry me now (try Coursework), had no effect on me then. Chocolate buttons were currency. Almost nothing is the same. I like it like that. I still revert back to being my four year old self, it's solace. It is not good to be that way all the time. There has to be equanimity.

P.S the image is purely for entertainment value. It has a certain....je ne sais quoi

1 comment:

  1. I like the pic! :) Sometimes it frustrates me that many people will not grow up and be a bit more mature, but other times a really envy them.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts