Wednesday 5 January 2011

Highway to Hell (aka School)

Have you ever stopped to inhale, in just some random place? I associate various smells with various things. Strange as that is. Primary School triggers memories of really terrible school dinners. Having to face day after day of aesthetically deformed food eventually took its toll. An over active imagination matched with a terror of lettuce equaled some pretty scary dreams. Now days the smell tends to be much more satisfactory.

Yet that doesn't seem to lift the depression that is achieved by simply being in school. Being a busy person, having something to do makes my day that much better. But I would rather allow myself to be caught and eaten by cannibals than do long division. hhmmmm. My Maths teacher seems to be in desperate need of a reality check. I could make some pretty startling revelations to him a)WE HAVE CALCULATORS b) Ties with fish on them are not going to gain any respect from a group of teenagers.

This situation is not helped by the almost constant homework load bestowed upon us by our enlightened Teachers. The most frightening prospect that has launched itself upon us is that they (by which I mean the Science Teachers) plan to teach about formulation of atomic bomb structure. Is this a seriously good thing to teach the futures, well, adults (I use the term as loosely as possible). I think not.

Sometimes I wish for a real work experience, but then I remember my parent's harassed faces as they roll in from work. Maybe I'm not ready for that yet, but beware, I will be. Back to long division.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts